Thursday, March 15, 2012

Lucky number 11 Steak tips!

I had to wake up extra early this morning to get to work.  I grabbed my spinach smoothie, got my $1.06 McDonald's coffee and headed out!  When I arrived at work my boss had bought me some oatmeal from McDonald's as well.  I had mentioned yesterday to him that I wanted to try it while he was bragging about how great it is.... Not really that impressed with it, but hey it's oatmeal what's impressive about it?? Anyway I finished about 1/3 of it and I felt very full so I went to meet my boss.  He asked me how it was so I told him I couldn't finish it I was too stuffed and he looked at me like I had ten heads and stated he had already eaten four of them!  Ok, I'll take that as a good sign that not even one half of one filled me up!

That's all I had the opportunity to eat all day at work, well that and my smoothie.  By the time I left work I was pretty darn hungry, and hungry for GOOD food.  I picked up sliced portabella mushrooms, a giant onion, and steak tips.

THIS DINNER IS SO FRIGGIN DELICIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HEALTHY STEAK TIPS:

I look two tbsp olive oil, a tbsp of minced garlic, the portabella mushrooms, and half the onion and sautéed them all.  I added some crushed red pepper to spice it up.  Then I look two steak tips and cut them into small pieces, about 5 pieces per tip.  Then I lightly coated the tips with my new favorite adobo spice.  After that I put them in the pan with the mushrooms and onions.  That didn't seem like enough for me so I grabbed a handful of my spinach and threw that in with everything else.
Tips cooked to medium rare... spinach and mushrooms on the plate topped with the tips topped with fat free mozzarella cheese.

 Ooooooh so good.  Melts in your mouth good. Who knew life could taste so good! ( I have mentioned that I love food, right?)
Just look at it! 

Before I even started in on the tips I was feeling satisfied with the mushrooms.  I probably had 4 of the steak tip pieces. I DEFINITELY recommend this! You will never look at spinach and mushrooms the same way! But that's coming from a spinach and mushroom lover.
Don't forget to add in the spinach and mushrooms, I consider those veggie power so I'm not even going to count them :b  Olive oil 2tbsps should be remembered though. 

You'd think that after 11 days of drinking my spinach I would be sick of it... I was actually CRAVING it yesterday and today.  After today I may crave it every day of my life going forward!

You can thank me later ;)
Enjoy
LB





No comments:

Post a Comment