Friday, March 9, 2012

Day 5. Fish and Chips

I woke up tired, I was tired all day, I hit a wall at about 2:30pm.  And then I got a headache that went from my molar, through my sinus, and out my eyeball.  It's still here.

I forgot to take my detox pills this morning (I did take them when I got home from work though) and I forgot my spinach smoothie... I told you I woke up tired! I'm not as sore as I thought I would be from my workout yesterday but I am stiff in all the right places.  I'm going to give myself a break from the gym tonight, I'll probably be sleeping by 8pm anyway. Yes, I know it's Friday night and I am looking forward to sleeping but unlike everyone else I have to work Saturday AND Sunday.

Tonight dinner was AWESOME.  It's fish Friday so that was the whole premise.  I found this recipe for healthy fish and chips while browsing through my pinterest. (if you don't know what pinterest is go to pinterest.com right now! I'll send you an invite if you need one).
I made my chips with sweet potatoes pieces, sprayed with olive oil spray, and coated with this McCormick's salt free fiesta lime seasoning I found.  Oven baked and ready in 24 minutes.  SO GOOD! And I HATE sweet potatoes!
I chose tilapia for my fish.  Panko crusted tilapia.  Baked in the same oven as the potatoes for 9 minutes.  For tarter sauce, I mixed light miracle whip with dill relish and lemon juice.
The fish was pretty bland, but pretty good for what I was going for.  I'll have to spice it up next time.

All that at 4g fat and 330 calories per serving............  And we added canned corn.


Here's the recipe if you're interested.


Until next time!
LB

No comments:

Post a Comment