Friday, March 23, 2012

Day 19. Salmon Burgers

This morning can be described as plain old chaos.  Toby decided that while out for his morning pee he would jump through the fence and go exploring.  After discovering this I started the search.  Piggy, me, and an empty leash.  We walked all around the neighborhood, up, down, around, around, around again, and up, and down... Toby was no where.  If you have ever lost a dog you know what my emotional state was. :,(  I called the town animal shelter. I drove around and around and around.  I left a note on the door in case anyone brought him home... He has tags with his name, address, and our phone number.  Nobody called.  People like him when they meet him so I thought for sure he was scooped up and had a new home.  Two hours had gone by already.  There's only so many places he could have gone and I checked them all.
Don't worry he found his way home eventually. And as much as I wanted to rip his face off I couldn't even be mad because I was so relieved that he was home and safe. GOD I don't know how you people with children do it! I can't even tolerate not knowing where my dog is for 3 hours.
Look at that goofy bastard.  Who wouldn't love a face like that?

Good thing is I got my morning workout in and I was up early so I had plenty of time to prep dinner.  Fish Friday, what to eat?  I had to work at 2 so it had to be something I could eat now and Chris could have later.......  Google, gotta love that search engine.  Led me straight to salmon burgers with lime mayonnaise

ingredients
  • 1
    pound fresh salmon fillet, skinned and cut into 1-inch chunks
  • 3/4
    cup panko (Japanese-style bread crumbs)
  • 2
    green onions, thinly sliced
  • 2
    tablespoons snipped fresh cilantro
  • 2
    teaspoons grated fresh ginger
  • 1
    clove garlic, minced
  • 2
    eggs, lightly beaten
  • 2
    tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
  • 1
    tablespoon lemon juice
  • 2
    tablespoons vegetable oil
  • 1
    recipe Lime Mayonnaise
  • Sandwich buns and leaf lettuce 

    Rinse salmon and pat dry; cut into 1-inch chunks. Place salmon in food processor; cover. Pulse 7 times to coarsely grind (do not overprocess); set aside. In bowl combine panko, green onions, cilantro, ginger, garlic, eggs, soy sauce, and lemon juice. Stir in salmon.

    Line a tray with parchment paper or foil. Divide salmon into four (2/3-cup) mounds on the tray. Shape into 1-inch-thick patties. Cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate at least 30 minutes or up to 8 hours (mixture will be easier to handle after chilling).

    Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add salmon patties. Cook 4 to 5 minutes per side or until cooked through (160 degrees F). Serve with Lime Mayonnaise on buns with lettuce.

    Lime Mayonaisse ingredients
    • 1/4
      cup mayonnaise
    • 2
      tablespoons red onion, minced
    • 2
      teaspoons lime juice
    directions
    In a bowl stir together mayonnaise, red onion, and lime juice. Refrigerate until ready to serve.

    nutrition facts 
    (Salmon Burgers with Lime Mayonnaise)
  • Servings Per Recipe 4,
  •  
  • Calories 437,
  •  
  • Protein (gm) 29,
  •  
  • Carbohydrate (gm) 12,
  •  
  • Fat, total (gm) 30,
  •  
  • Cholesterol (mg) 173,
  •  
  • Saturated fat (gm) 5,
  •  
  • Monosaturated fat (gm) 10,
  •  
  • Polyunsaturated fat (gm) 7,
  •  
  • Dietary Fiber, total (gm) 1,
  •  
  • Sugar, total (gm) 2,
  •  
  • Vitamin A (IU) 437,
  •  
  • Vitamin C (mg) 12,
  •  
  • Thiamin (mg) 0,
  •  
  • Riboflavin (mg) 0,
  •  
  • Niacin (mg) 10,
  •  
  • Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg) 1,
  • Folate (µg) 52,
  •  
  • Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg) 4,
  •  
  • Sodium (mg) 544,
  •  
  • Potassium (mg) 507,
  •  
  • Calcium (DV %) 50,
  •  
  • Iron (DV %) 1,
  •  
  • Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet





This is the recipe I found.... the worst part of it is the mayonnaise, switch that to miracle whip, or cut it out all together and you're subtracting 90 calories and 10g fat, plus loads of cholesterol. Cut out the bun and there goes another 150 calories and 3g fat.  Grill the burger instead of 'fry' in oil and you got yourself a pretty decently healthy meal. 

In the meantime I grabbed a veggie sushi roll.... nothing but lettuce, carrots, rice wrap, and shrimp.  Good stuff and good for you!  I wasn't sure if my burger would be ready but I ended up having JUST enough time to cook one up and devour it walking out the door, it was GOOD.  I think Salmon is the new hamburg!


Unfortunately I am off to work.  Hopefully it will be less stressful than my morning...............

LB

No comments:

Post a Comment