Monday, March 5, 2012

Day One. Hello Spinach Smoothie

So today will be the first day of the rest of my life!  As much as know I'm going to dread this in a week or two, I'm actually kind of excited to start this whole 60 day thing.
For the next seven days I have to take the detox and cleanse pill.  Two pills twice a day.  This is supposed to help get all that... shit.... out of my body.
This morning I chased my detox pills with a green smoothie.  Check out this link to read all about them.

The health benefits of the Green Smoothie

I made mine this morning with two bananas, a cup of Chobani yogurt, teaspoon of vanilla extract, and two handfuls of mixed spinach and swiss chard.  I bought a food processor yesterday at ocean state for $20.  So after a minute or so in the blender this is what I got................ um, yum?
And you know what, it's not bad at all!  The consistency needs some working on, it's a big thick and creamy.  I did add about a quarter cup of water to try to smooth it out but I may have to lessen the amount of yogurt I put in.  It's ok, I have 60 days to perfect it :)

I went to the gym today and ran on the elliptical for 30 minutes while reading my book Still Alice.... such a good book it made me forget that I was sweating...  Even though I was not hungry I polished off the rest of my green smoothie and a couple chunks of pineapple, and a cup of coffee.
I went to the 4pm Body Pump class. I'm going to have to remember to up my weights on chest and biceps.  Did I mention how much I HATE lunges..... well they suck.

Click here to see what Body Pump is all about!

Dinner was a salad topped with the Perdue shortcuts honey mustard chicken and a chunks of shrimp.  I also had three hard boiled egg whites for a snack.

Well until tomorrow.
LB





No comments:

Post a Comment