Thursday, March 8, 2012

day 4

I woke up this morning and the first thought that went through my mind was "oh my God I'm late for work!!!"  It was so bright outside!  Out of reflex I checked the temperature on my phone and I saw that it was 53 degrees out and I though "Oh my God I am REALLY late for work!!!!!!"  I could have sworn I set my alarm clock!  I double checked it! I always double check it! Then I focused and looked at the time, 6:30am. Alright then, it is really nice outside!

I worked late last night so my wonderful boyfriend made my green smoothie for me and put it in the fridge.  So after I got dressed I grabbed my smoothie and headed off to work.  Naturally I had to stop and get my coffee. I decided that I should focus on drinking my coffee while I drive rather than struggle with my awkward smoothie bottle that hits the roof when I try to sip from it (guess I should get a straw).
At work, coffee down, smoothie in hand, go to take a sip...................... it doesn't move. I shake it a bit to try to loosen it up but nothing. So I close the lid, flip it upside down and shake, ahhh there it goes sluuuuuuuup.  Back to mouth, passing the lips, taste buds..... ucck, it is BAD. I mean it is BAAAAD!  The consistency is that of wet cement.  But I am not a quitter!  I grabbed a spoon and tried to eat it like yogurt, forced myself half way through and that was as far as I got.  I guess I really need to work on my recipe reiteration.  I forgot to tell him to add water until it thins!  ALWAYS ADD WATER TO THIN!!!!
Now I'm hungry but I'm stuck on a two hour conference call followed by a meeting.... where I had arranged for food to be!

Lucky for me I asked for just a cold cut platter and some rolls and fixings.  Underestimating my crew, I walked into the conference room and see cold cuts, 5 different cheeses, wraps, rolls, potato salad, tortellini salad (my personal favorite and diet NO NO), brownies, cupcakes, and jelly beannnnns oh how I love jelly beans, especially the gourmet types.
I was SOME what good.  I had three pieces of roast beef with 2 slices of provolone cheese... and a tiny handful of jelly beans.  I know!!!!! I KNOWWWW! Cheater!  I'm so ashamed........ but it was so good.

Class tonight was at 6:45 so I had no issues making it to that. I took my advice and upped my weights for bi's and tri's. Yea, I'm gonna be hating myself in the morning because my God am I tight! I still absolutely HATE lunges.  I despise every single thing about them. Especially the pain I feel with the first one.
Tonight I made the mistake of looking in the gym mirror which I think is the same as looking at a dressing room mirror, I always think it makes me look huge!  All I could think was ARE MY THIGHS AND HIPS REALLLLLY THAT BIG!!!!???? Lunges, lunges, lunges, lunges, oooouch,lunges, just keep swimming, just keep swimming.... AH the mirror again! Note to self: stay away from direct mirror view.

I'm trying a new soup tonight. I have no idea how it's going to come out.  I love kale soup but I don't really think chourico belongs in my diet so I left it out... that and the potatoes.  So it's a veggie soup containing onions, celery, kidney beans, kale, and reduced sodium chicken broth.  I spiced it up with adobe seasoning and cayenne pepper (can't lose that bite the chourico gives it!)
It smells really good so will see!

I'll let you know!
LB




No comments:

Post a Comment