Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Day 23. Body wrap! and creamy cilantro chicken

I went in for my body wrap today.... I walked into the spa and told them I had an appointment, they had it scheduled on the wrong day so they couldn't find me.  So then there was a scramble and mad dash to set up the room for me.  I chilled out in the relaxation room sipping on some lemon water while watching the staff run back and forth with the supplies for my wrap.  Then it was time.... the woman tells me to strip down and put on the disposable undergarments and she leaves to let me do so.... Now I don't know about you but I have never seen disposable under ware before, it took me about a minute to even figure out which way it went HOPING I put in on correctly.  In comes the esthetician.
First she prepares my skin with some lotion and then wipes it off with exfoliating gloves.  Then I had to stand so she could wrap me.  I must say it was a bit awkward but hey, why not?  The wrap was like an over sized soaked ace bandage.  She explained to me that it is presoaked in algae from Antarctica along with some other minerals from the arctic.  She wrapped my legs, butt, abdomen, and upper arms.  Then I laid on the heated bed and she wrapped me up like a cocoon.  First with the aluminum wrap then a blanket, then another blanket, and another, and another.  I was like a pig in a blanket!  I had to remain in my cocoon for 20 minutes during which I got a scalp massage... I think I fell asleep during this it was so relaxing.
20 minutes later it's time to unwrap.  She cut the wrap off of me and then rubbed me down with some cream that's supposed to restructure my skins surface and reactivate the elastin and whatever else my skin is made of.
All in all it was a nice little trip but I didn't see any major difference.  I took my measurements before hand and afterwards they were exactly the same.  That's probably why she told me I should schedule 5 more treatments t see any major results... no thanks, I'll pass.  I love the spa and I love getting pampered so the relaxation and treatment was a good take away.

I came home and did my ab moves. There's this one move where you lay on your back with your legs up in the air and your arms spread on the floor (like a T).  Then you revolve your legs to the left just about an inch above the ground and you rotate them back towards the ceiling then you rotate right.  THIS MOVE IS HARD! Last time I did it my abs were a little sore so I know it's doing something!  Hopefully it gets easier over time.
Dinner was hard to think up.  We're about to move so I don't want to go out and buy anymore groceries so I turned to my good friend supercook.com.  This website is awesome.  You put in what you have for groceries and it gives you recipes that match it.  It also gives you recipes that have almost all your ingredients and tells you what you're missing.
Tonight I discovered creamy cilantro chicken.  Check it out:



Ingredients

  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 2 serrano peppers, finely chopped
  • 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger root
  • 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
  • 2 teaspoons grated lime zest
  • 2 tablespoons soy sauce
  • 1 tablespoon white sugar
  • 3/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk
  • 4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs

Directions

  1. In a blender or large food processor, combine the garlic, serrano peppers, ginger, cilantro, lime zest, soy sauce, sugar and coconut milk. Process until smooth.
  2. Place the chicken into a large resealable bag, and pour the liquid from the blender in with it. Seal, and refrigerate for about 1 hour, turning once after 30 minutes.
  3. Preheat the oven's broiler. Place the chicken onto a broiling pan, and pour the marinade into a saucepan.
  4. Broil the chicken for about 10 minutes on each side, until browned and the juices run clear. While the chicken is cooking, bring the marinade to a boil. Simmer over medium heat for about 5 minutes, then remove from the heat.
  5. Place chicken onto a serving plate, and pour the sauce over it to serve.


I decided to put it over pasta. It's really good!  I'm just not very familiar with broiling so this was a learning experience.


Here it is:

197 calories and 13 grams of fat. Yummy!  Off to search for some new stuff to try!


Catch ya later!
LB

No comments:

Post a Comment